To participate in the Texas Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, eligible professionals (EPs) and eligible hospitals (EHs) must report and meet certain Medicaid patient volume thresholds. The Medicaid Patient Volume is reported directly in the Texas attestation portal for a continuous three-month period, starting with the first of the month. For example, a volume reporting period starting on March 1 would end on May 31.
You do have the option to report volume based on a continuous 90-day reporting period, starting with any day of the month. For example: March 15 – June 13.
If you choose to use a 90-day reporting period which starts on a day other than the first of the month, you will need to do the following:
1. Call 1-855-831-6112 or send an email to: email@example.com to let us know that you will be attesting to a 90-day patient volume reporting cycle and to provide the start date.
2. Upload supporting documentation (PDF format) in the portal that includes, at a minimum, the following details for each claim or encounter:
a. Date of Service
b. Medicaid patient ID
c. Provider ID (billing/performing)
d. Status of claim (paid, etc.)
You must use an auditable data source for your patient volume. Note the data source on your supporting documentation; for example, whether the data came from your Practice Management System, EHR system, or other auditable source.
3. On the attestation page, choose the starting month and year which align with your volume reporting start month and year.
Please NOTE: Using a start date other than the first of the month will result in a delay of volume verification and payment.
Additional Resources – Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Learn about program rules and steps by using the self-paced e-learning module at: www.texasehrincentives.com.
- Visit the Texas Medicaid Health IT website for updates on the EHR Incentive Program and other health IT initiatives.
- For more information about MU documentation or other program questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-831-6112.