How do I return an EHR payment?
If you have received an Electronic Health Records (EHR) incentive payment that you do not want or must be returned due to an audit or determination of ineligibility, follow these steps to ensure the returned payment is credited properly:
1. Download and print the TMHP Remittance Form.
2. Complete the form as follows.
- Fill out the provider name, TPI, and TIN that corresponds to the PAYEE (recipient) of the EHR incentive payment, even if the recipient is different than the attesting provider.
- Write a comment at the bottom of the form designating the check as an "EHR Incentive Program payment refund."
Send the form to:
- Learn about program rules and steps by using the self-paced e-learning module at: www.texasehrincentives.com.
- Visit the Texas Medicaid Health IT website for updates on the EHR Incentive Program and other health IT initiatives.
- For more information about MU documentation or other program questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-831-6112.