Effective immediately, eligible professionals (EPs) attesting in the Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program as an FQHC or RHC provider will be required to submit supporting documentation for their attested patient volume. This supporting documentation can be uploaded to the Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program portal (either on the “Documents” tab, or when attesting to patient volume). Any files uploaded must be from an auditable data source and system- generated from the EHR, Practice Management System, or other relevant system.
As a reminder, certain providers working at FQHCs or RHCs are eligible to participate in the Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive program. These providers must meet the 30% “needy patient” volume threshold, which is based on patient encounters over 3 full consecutive months. “Needy patient” volume can include:
- Medicaid clients.
- CHIP clients.
- Client services provided as uncompensated care.
- Client services provided at either no cost or reduced cost based on a sliding scale determined by the individual’s ability to pay.
EPs attesting as FQHC or RHC providers must “practice predominantly” at an FQHC or RHC. This means that over 50% of total encounters must be at an FQHC or RHC for a six-month period in the previous calendar year or in the preceding 12-month period.
Eligible professionals include physicians (M.D. or D.O.), dentists, certified nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants (PAs) in FQHCs / RHCs that are led by a PA. “Led by a PA” includes clinics where a physician assistant is:
- The primary provider in the clinic; or
- A clinical or medical director at the clinic; or
- The owner of the clinic.
Additional Resources – Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Learn about program rules and steps by using the self-paced e-learning module at: www.texasehrincentives.com.
- Visit the Texas Medicaid Health IT website for updates on the EHR Incentive Program and other health IT initiatives.
- For more information about MU documentation or other program questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-831-6112.