Prior to participating in the Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, the provider must follow standard Medicaid enrollment procedures to enroll as a Medicaid billing or performing provider and have an active Texas Medicaid Provider Identification Number (TPI).
Full Medicaid enrollment is required for the following providers, regardless of the provider’s designated payee:
1. Any individual provider who is not currently enrolled in Medicaid.
2. Any group practice provider who is not currently enrolled in Medicaid.
a. The group practice must be enrolled in Medicaid with the proper provider type and specialty designation.
b. A group practice provider must be properly enrolled in Medicaid as an affiliated member of the group practice.
Note that the Medicaid enrollment process can take 60 to 90 days to complete. It is your responsibility to submit your enrollment application in advance to avoid missing participation or payment deadlines for EHR incentives.
Exceptions for FQHC/RHC Providers:
If you are not enrolled in Medicaid but you work for a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC), and you elect to assign payment to your clinic, you may complete a limited enrollment form.
If you elect to assign payment to yourself, you must complete a full enrollment form.
Once you are enrolled in Medicaid and have an active TPI number, you will need it during the EHR Incentive Program attestation process. There are several options:
|TPI to Use|
|Medicaid Billing Provider||Any||Billing TPI|
|Medicaid Performing-Only Provider||
Group Practice or Clinic to Receive Incentive Payment
|Group Practice TPI|
|Medicaid Performing-Only Provider||Self||
TMHP will assign you a TPI specifically for purposes of the EHR Incentive Program. You will be offered an opportunity to initiate this process during your attestation in the Texas Medicaid
Additional Resources – Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Learn about program rules and steps by using the self-paced e-learning module at: www.texasehrincentives.com.
- Visit the Texas Medicaid Health IT website for updates on the EHR Incentive Program and other health IT initiatives.
- For more information about MU documentation or other program questions, contact: email@example.com or call 1-855-831-6112.