Under the Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, a physician assistant (PA) practicing in a federally qualified health center (FQHC) or rural health clinic (RHC) led by a PA is eligible for incentive payments1. To qualify as an FQHC/RHC led by a physician assistant, one of the following must be true:
1. A physician assistant is the primary provider in the clinic (for example, when there is a part-time physician and a full-time physician assistant, the physician assistant is considered the primary provider); or
2. A physician assistant is the clinic or medical director at the clinical site of the practice; or
3. A physician assistant is an owner of the RHC.
Physician Assistants (PA) who practice in an FQHC or RHC led by a PA are required to upload the signed PA Attestation Form.
Additional Resources – Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Learn about program rules and steps by using the self-paced e-learning module at: www.texasehrincentives.com.
- Visit the Texas Medicaid Health IT website for updates on the EHR Incentive Program and other health IT initiatives.
- For more information about MU documentation or other program questions, contact: email@example.com or call 1-855-831-6112.
1 42 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations): Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program; Final Rule, Section 495.304 Medicaid Provider Scope and Eligibility.