Vision: Health information is secure, high quality, and accessible when and where it is needed to improve and protect the health and well-being for all Texans.
Mission: Improve population health, health service delivery, healthcare, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs through the appropriate and secure use of health information and technology.
The Office of e-Health Coordination provides leadership to and acts as a single point of coordination for health information technology initiatives in the State of Texas. The office ensures that health information technology projects and programs are coordinated across the state’s health and human services agencies, facilitates coordination between Texas and federal or multi-state projects, and provides assistance to local and regional health IT projects. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating a collaboration and coordination infrastructure on related health information policy and technology, in particular in cross-divisional and multi-agency projects.
- Identifying and prioritizing health information technology initiatives that can help improve health outcomes.
- Serving as the single point of contact for state funding opportunities under Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Supporting the state-level infrastructure efforts of the Texas Health Services Authority.
- Collaborating with other state-level health information technology stakeholders and leadership bodies.
If you have a question about the OeHC, Health IT, or HIE in Texas, please contact us at: HHSHealthIT@hhsc.state.tx.us.